Are you locked out?

Image:www.yourvibration.com

Let me paint a scenario in your mind as I tell u this personal illustration. 

On Christmas Eve, I and the kids were in the living room doing all kinds of things as we came back from our last minute shopping for Christmas. The kids messed up the living room by spreading all the dirty clothes on the floor, they were playing and doing what they know best, living life. I, on the other hand, played some music and started rejoicing about Jesus. I found new songs, took pictures, played with the kids as they too were dancing as they saw me rejoicing. I tried to do some cooking, feed the kids, get them to bed, clean and tidy up the living room, put their presents under the Christmas tree... 

Now, I need your attention here! Do you know that while all these were going on, a brother of mine in the same house was in his room. He was there missing out on all that had happened. This is where I got the inspiration to write this post. 

Do you know you can be in the same place where God is revealing himself, giving people freedom, Joy, Peace, Love and life abundantly but you might be locked out of your own free will? You can go to church week in and week out but still be locked out of genuine salvation. You can go through the motions in this season of Christmas and yet be ignorant of the same Jesus you're trying to celebrate. You can be physically present in a place but your heart, mind and soul is closed to the happenings in your surroundings. Many married people can relate to this. Do you know you can have titles and be religious, yet not know this Jesus??? 

What are the things that we do that locks us out? 

-Our Selfishness - this is our desire to please ourselves. We want to remain in our familiar place and so we're not willing to allow divine interruptions in our lives. 

-Trying to conform to the norm can also be a hindrance. The norm is relative to the kind of people you surround yourself with, as this can determine what they think is fashionable. 

-Lack of thirst and hunger for God. We can sometimes be satisfied with where we are and think that there is nothing more. This is such a lie because there is so much more to know about God. 

The list can be so much more but I'd like you to think about what the things are in your personal life that is locking you out from experiencing the fullness of God in your life. 

As we round up this year 2016, it's time to not stay locked out, please let's open up the door of our hearts so that this Jesus will come in. 

“Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.”
Revelation 3:20 NIV

I love you!

Comments

Busola O said…
Well written sister. It is important to not stay locked out. Be deliberate in our walk with Christ.
In 2017, we need more powerful blogs posts from your darling. God bless you

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome

Do men really know what they are getting themselves into when they say they want to get married?

What is your identity?