I know you want some!

                                                                                         image:theorganicprepper.ca

You see how beautiful and well set the table is, I know you want some of the food displayed there. Did you have a good Christmas celebration? 

You know I had a silent thought as I struggled to replicate a very enticing Christmas food display. Below is what I was able to achieve:


This is far from the previous pic eh? I know! 

NB: As you see this pic of different kinds of food, it took me days to prepare them. Some of those dishes did not make Christmas Day; the foods I put in a small dish were just portions I took from the take-away plate I stored the food in. I just could not be bothered bringing all the food out.  

Mind you, I set that table only for the purpose of taking a picture of what I managed to cook this Christmas. And I know I still have a long way to go. 

I learnt so much from this simple gesture. It's amazing how we want a beautiful life, marriage, family, walk with God, successful and prosperous life but little do we know that it just doesn't come on a platter of gold. It just doesn't fall on our laps. We need to work for it. It's very expensive. It'll take our time, energy and sweat. 

As we've just finish celebrating Christmas,I know many people had a lot of ideas of what kind of food they wanted to eat etc, some visited families where the food had already been prepared and all they had to do was eat. 

So here is the message - as we are rounding up 2016, pls let us make up our minds to go the extra mile and work hard for the beautiful life we desire. I've come to realize that i cannot say I want a beautiful family or marriage without paying the price. 

I was watching a show on KICC anchored by Rev. Mrs Funke Adejumo. She said she has been married for thirty-something years and she has come to a conclusion that having a good marriage takes a lot of HARD WORK. She said it is very expensive. Oh how I can relate with her. Some times, the very simplest things that you think should be automatic requires a lot of work to be achieved and maintained. 

In 2017, do you want to know more of God? It'll cost you your time, prayer, studying of the word and your ability to be consistent. Do you want to pursue that career or passion? It'll cost you your dedication and tenacity amongst others. What is it that you plan to do in 2017? Be prepared to work hard for it. 

We bless God for the awesome privilege to see the end of 2016. All glory to his name. I pray as we enter a new 2017, our ignorance will be hijacked by the truth in God's word so that we can truly live a victorious life in Jesus mighty name. 

I celebrate you. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome

Do men really know what they are getting themselves into when they say they want to get married?

What is your identity?