It's time to protect your heart!



Few days ago, I had a chance to view some personal videos I made few years back and I silently cried! I re-analysed and evaluated the person I was in that video. How innocent, joyful, pure, plain, simple, inquisitive, transparent and lively I was! At the time, it wasn't as if I didn't have any challenges but as portrayed in the video I watched, that person was not affected. So I've been thinking since that time; that there's a need to protect your core being. It's truly important to preserve who you are. 

Dear reader, trust me! Since the time I recorded the video I watched, a lot of good and bad has happened and it sure has affected who I've become. My next assignment now is to safeguard my heart and not let it be corrupted by the issues of life. This is so important!!! 

“Watch out! Don’t let your hearts be dulled by carousing and drunkenness, and by the worries of this life. Don’t let that day catch you unaware, like a trap. For that day will come upon everyone living on the earth. Keep alert at all times. And pray that you might be strong enough to escape these coming horrors and stand before the Son of Man.”
                                                                                              (Luke 21:34-36 NLT) 

Another version says: But take heed to yourselves and be on your guard, lest your hearts be overburdened and depressed (weighed down) with the giddiness and headache and nausea of self-indulgence, drunkenness, and worldly worries and cares pertaining to [the business of] this life, and [lest] that day come upon you suddenly like a trap or a noose;                    
                                                                                                  (Luke 21:34 AMP)

DO NOT LET/ TAKE HEED - this shows that you and I have the power to control what comes into our hearts. Do not let your heart be dulled by the affairs of this world! If repeating this and meditating on these words every day is what it'll take to protect our hearts, let's do it!!! 

Most times we cannot control what life throws at us but we can master how we allow it affect our hearts. 

So, It's time to ask ourselves very important and life changing questions like:

- Who am I now? 
- Who am I becoming? 
- Have I lost some good virtues as a result of bad company or sad occurrences in my life? 
- What do I think about people? 
- Am I afraid to be who God made me to be? 
- What is the state of my conscience? 

These questions and so much more need to be asked and answered in order to have a headway in the core of your being. 

As always, I share my life experiences as I live through it. This post is very important for you and I because in protecting our hearts we can indeed be joyful people in spite of what life throws at us.  

Until next time, stay true to who God MADE you to be! I love you! 





Photocredits: www.blogs.intralinks.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome

Do men really know what they are getting themselves into when they say they want to get married?

What is your identity?